I have spent the better part of the day trying to figure out how I got toothpaste in my hair. It was one of those Mondays on Tuesday. Having two Mondays off in consecutive weeks is a great reason to hate Tuesday. However, I try to live by the motto “Every day may not be good but there is something good in every day.” As this long day comes to a close, I can recall a few good things.
- A co-worker told me that I am one of the most compassionate people she knows. (I need to work on my patience. STAT.)
- A student corrected her own grammar today when she said ax instead of ask. (I hope it wasn’t the look on my face.)
- Because my brain was giving me the silent treatment most of the day, I missed several opportunities to speak my mind. (I am grateful that thought bubbles don’t exist for real).
- Sadness and bubble wrap cannot occupy the same room. (Fortunately, I have a handy app for that.)
- Speaking of apps, nothing makes a Tuesday less like a Monday than realizing the extended Thanksgiving weekend and a road trip to San Francisco are only 15 days away.