- Snow White: Do you consider yourself pretty? Name the part of your body you think is the most beautiful! I am beautiful … no matter what they say. My eyes.
- Cinderella: What is your shoe size? 10
- Sleeping Beauty: How many hours do you sleep each night? Never enough … I am a nap enthusiast.
- Little Red Riding Hood: What is your favorite food? Boiled crawfish
- The Frog Prince: What do you find disgusting? People who kill innocent children.
- Jack and the Beanstalk: What plants are in your room? two peace lily plants and four pothos that have lived forever
- Puss in Boots: Do you have a pet? Do you want one? I have two Boston Terrorists and a neurotic beotch cat.
- Rumpelstiltskin: What is the meaning of your url? It’s a combination of the words Jan and jambalaya — my first name and the Cajun dish.
- The Little Mermaid: Can you sing? I can, but I probably shouldn’t do it in public.
- Pinocchio: What is your greatest wish? It’s not enough to MILDLY want what you want. You must WILDLY want what you want. No one ever got their greatest wishes by remaining wishy washy.
- Peter Pan: What is your (mental) age? I’m definitely an old soul.
- The Star Money: What is your most prized possession? old photos, books, music, and writings closely followed by my superior intellect and sarcastic attitude
A secret … I missed the deadline.
A truth … You know you are lazy when you get excited about canceled plans.
A fear … Failure.
An obsession … Scandal – probably the best TV show you aren’t watching
A random question … If it doesn’t really matter or directly affect you, why does it bother you?
A cell phone picture …
A love … The Lumineers. A recent discovery. Listen.
A hate … Nosy co-workers.
A text message … I have two spirit fingers up.
A craving … My momma’s roast gravy
A final thought … When was the last time you did something for the first time?
The most sacred place dwells within our heart, where dreams are born and secrets sleep, a mystical refuge of darkness and light, fear and conquest, adventure and discovery, challenge and transformation. Our heart speaks for our soul every moment while we are alive. Listen… as the whispering beat repeats: be…gin, be…gin, be…gin. It’s really that simple. Just begin… again.
~ Royce Addington
If starting over once is tough, it takes a
Southerner psycho hose beast to do it twice thrice. This inaugural entry marks my third odyssey into the blogging world. Previously, I’ve been a reader of banned books and a not-so-average Jane — which I have featured here in the archives for your continued amusement. Deep in my heart and soul, I know that I can go somewhere else, but I will remain a Cajun dish with a Las Vegas twist. I am not giving up … just starting over. Expect bon temps, reminders to not make me go voodoo, and a whole lot of lagniappe. I see and trust in this new beginning. I have the power to say that my story is not going to end. I am taking a deep breath and jumping in. Today I will create something better.