The following incident report came to me marked URGENT from a teacher in a special needs classroom:
I asked “Brian” to quit staring at a female student who had complained about him. I had just told him that scratching his private parts was inappropriate. He replied in front of the whole class, “I want to fuck her.” The bell rang, and I had him call his mother to tell her what he said. He did and then slammed the phone down. He then continued to scratch his private area. I explained to him the problem with doing that in public and left it at that.
Thoughts? This, like the cheese, totally stands alone.
What are the actions and attributes of a leader? What is it that makes him different from others?
1. A leader is always full of praise.
2. A leader learns to use the phrases “thank you” and “please” on his way to the top.
3. A leader is always growing.
4. A leader is possessed with his dreams.
5. A leader launches forth before success is certain.
6. A leader is not afraid of confrontation.
7. A leader talks about his own mistakes before talking about someone else’s.
8. A leader is a person of honesty and integrity.
9. A leader has a good name.
10. A leader makes others better.
11. A leader is quick to praise and encourage the smallest amount of improvement.
12. A leader is genuinely interested in others.
13. A leader looks for opportunities to find someone doing something right.
14. A leader takes others up with him.
15. A leader responds to his own failures and acknowledges them before others have to discover and reveal them.
16. A leader never allows murmuring—from himself or others.
17. A leader is specific in what he expects.
18. A leader holds accountable those who work with him.
19. A leader does what is right rather than what is popular.
20. A leader is a servant.
~ Author unknown
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
~ ee cummings
Your greatest power is the power to be.
To be more loving. To be more courageous.
To be more joyous. To be more friendly.
To be more sensitive. To be more aware.
To be more forgiving. To be more tolerant.
To be more humble. To be more patient.
To be more helpful.
To be a greater human being.
~ Wilfred A. Peterson
Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died and went to heaven. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Colts flag in the window. “This house is yours for eternity, Peyton,” said God. “This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here.”
Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.
On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a black and gold sidewalk, a 50-foot tall flagpole with an enormous Saints logo flag, and in every window, a New Orleans Saints towel.
Peyton looked at God and said, “God, I’m not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question.
I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I even went to the Hall of Fame.”
God said, “So, what’s your point Peyton?”
“Well, why does Drew Brees get a better house than me?”
God chuckled and said, “Peyton, that’s not Drew’s house, it’s mine.”
1. Jumping on the bandwagon
2. Wading through paperwork
3. Running around in circles
4. Pushing your luck
5. Spinning your wheels
6. Adding fuel to the fire
7. Beating your head against the wall
8. Climbing the walls
9. Beating your own drum
10. Dragging your heels
11. Jumping to conclusions
12. Grasping at straws
13. Fishing for compliments
14. Throwing your weight around
15. Passing the buck
- Author Unknown (but someone knew I totally needed this right now)